December News You Can Use!
- Please help us show our custodial staff some love this holiday season by sending $1. We will give this token of appreciation before we leave for the Christmas break.
- 3rd Grade Christmas Programs
Monday, December 4th at 6:30: Classes of Wilson, Rucker, Welch, Moore, White, and Parks
Tuesday, December 5th at 6:30: Classes of Allen, Vanderford, Ezell, Murphy, Friday, Price, and Machost
- 3rd grade CASE Benchmark Assessments will be taken December 5, 6, & 7.
- Northside Santa Store December 14 & 15 – students will have the opportunity to purchase gifts for family members and loved ones at our Santa Store!
- Christmas dress up days!
- Dec. 15 – PJ Day! Deck out in your favorite holiday pj’s!
- Dec. 18 – Rudolph Day! Deck out in all your red!
- Dec. 19 – Rocking Around the Christmas Tree! Deck out in all your green!
- Dec. 20 – Grinch Day! Dress up as your favorite Grinch or Whoville character!
- Dec. 21 – Tacky Sweater or Holiday Attire Day! Let’s see your tacky sweater or your best holiday attire!
Christmas parties– No guests for Christmas parties.
- Dec. 22 – Winter Wonderland! Early Dismissal Day!
- December 19 – PBIS Store
- December 21 - Christmas parties (no guests)
- December 22 - 60% day of school. Students will be dismissed early, and lunch will NOT be provided.
- December 22 – January 5 – Christmas holidays!
- January 8, 2024 - Students return to school. Happy New Year!
Pearl Northside Elementary School students are learning about how young people can positively impact their communities through volunteer work and leadership. This aligns with our School District’s Mission statement, “ …to positively impact a global society”. They are learning how they can bring joy to others during this Season of Giving and make a difference in their community!
As a school, we will collect change to purchase toys and supplies to donate to Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital during this Holiday Season. From December 4th – 12th, students will bring change (pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters) to place in 5-gallon water jugs. Then they will practice their Math skills by sorting, counting, and wrapping the coins. We will choose and purchase items from Children’s Hospital’s Wishlist at Walmart or Amazon.
We would love for all students to participate in this Awesome Learning Experience. It helps them to make real-life connections with the following learning objectives:
- Understand how young people work toward making their communities better.
- Understand how young people can become leaders in their communities.
- Fluently add and subtract (including subtracting across zeros) within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction. Include problems with whole dollar amounts.
Students and teachers are excited about this Service Project because we are learning as we help others.
To learn more about Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital Community Giving, please visit the following website.
Pearl Northside Elementary School
Open House Video 2023-2024
Northside School Adopter
Northside Pirates Are . . .
Northside Pirates are committed to “Hitting It Out of The Park!” with their sponsor, Mississippi Braves!
December 18, 2023
December 19, 2023
December 20, 2023
December 21, 2023
December 25, 2023
December 26, 2023
December 27, 2023
December 28, 2023
December 29, 2023
December 30, 2023
December 31, 2023
January 1, 2024
January 2, 2024
January 3, 2024