Welcome to 2019-2020 School Year
Help us keep your child safe!
Pearl Public School District-Transportation Department
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year. Our emphasis this year is “HAPPY" Have a Positive, Productive Year!” We are committed to provide safe and efficient transportion for all students in a safe and orderly manner. We are committed to providing safe and efficient transportation for all students. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Students who are familiar with the program will know what to do; the others will catch on quickly. CONSISTENCY is the key to the success of safety and discipline on the bus. Maintaining discipline on the bus is important to student safety. We are looking forward to working with you in maintaining safety and discipline for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Pearl Public School District Transportation Department would like to urge all parents to escort their children to and from the bus stop. It is important to remember that parents, children and the district are all responsible for maintaining standards of conduct and safety on school buses. Parents are partners in the educational process. Self-control and good manners must begin at home and can only foster a productive bus environment. Should you have any specific transportation concerns, please contact the Transportation Office at 601-932-7985.
Generally, the Elementary routes begin at 6:10 and Secondary at 7:10. Be patient as the drivers learn new students and new routes
When walking to and from the bus, please remind your child to follow a few basic safety tips:
- Always watch the bus driver for the signal
- Look both ways before crossing the street
- Stay on the sidewalk and don’t play in the street
- Stay 10 feet away from the bus in all directions
- Always cross the street in front of the bus
- Move away from the bus when unloading the bus
- Enter the bus quickly and quietly, going straight to your seat
- Your child will be instructed if they are required to do a “DOUBLE STOP STUDENT CROSSING”
- If the driver blows the horn, your child needs to look up for direction immediately
While on the bus, students should not:
- Distract the driver
- Bring unauthorized articles on the bus
- Put head or hands out the window
- Mar or deface bus
- Fight or tussle
- Strike or threaten bus driver
- Make excessive noise
- Throw objects
- Eat or drink on bus
- Spit on bus
- Get up while the bus is in motion
- Unload until the driver instructs to unload
- Never send your child from behind the bus if you missed your stop.
- Have students at bus stop on time
- Teach students good discipline
- Understand the students right to ride the bus depends on their good conduct
- Understand that failure to obey the rules will result in suspension from the bus
- Never enter the bus at the bus stop
REMEMBER EVEN IN BAD WEATHER THESE PROCEDURES MUST BE FOLLOWED.
See Student Handbooks for Bus Conduct and additional bus rules.
No students will be allowed to ride two different Pearl buses.
Do not lose your privilege to ride the bus!